Hello Friends I know I haven’t posted anything in forever but I’d like to say that I’ve been super busy… but life has been normal.. I’ve just been more interested in doing other things than blogging lately. One thing that has been keeping me busy is catching up on my “reading” new years resolution. Between my trip to Phoenix in March and other events on the weekends I haven’t had much time to read… so I’ve spent the last week and a half catching up and I conquered four books! GO ME! .
Here are the books and recipes I tried in March/April!
10. Conspiracy in Death- JD Robb
11. The Book Thief- Markus Zusak Even though it took me a while to read this book… I still loved it. It’s unlike the “young adult” books that I normally read. It isn’t about love or post-apocalyptic worlds. It has a lot of background story about what life was like during World War II and I balled my eyes out at the end. Recommended!
12. Legacy in Death- JD Robb
13. The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky I’ve seen the movie so I already knew what the book was about.. but being inside the characters mind was quite disturbing. I know that is what the book is about but I guess it isn’t my type of book. Don’t get me wrong there are parts of it I love but I’ve read much better.
14. Witness in Death-JD Robb
15. 16. 17. The Maze Runner Series (Maze Runner, Scorch Trials, Death Cure)- James Dashner I just finished reading this series and am actually reading the prequel as we speak. I loved the series. I wasn’t quite sure about it when I was reading the first one cause I wasn’t sure how it would end but then I was hooked. This was one of those series that it is hard to put down. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone who loved the Hunger Games and Divergent. I mean it isn’t a love story but it still has similar qualities and the main character “Thomas” is great! Oh and I can’t wait for the movie to come out in September… looks just as good!
10. S’mores Bars: Let me tell you, the idea of s’mores in a bar form made me super excited. S’mores are one of my favorite summer treats so who doesn’t want to eat them in the spring when you can cook them in your oven? Truth be told.. I wasn’t very excited about how these turned out.. and also the reason why I didn’t give you a link to the recipe. The dough wasn’t really graham crackery but more like flour.. and the marshmallow creme burned and got very hard. Two thumbs down.
11. Cilantro Lime Shrimp: Don’t get me wrong.. I love seafood but this recipe was too bland for me. The scrimp just didn’t have enough flavor. Not satisfied.
12. Kale Chips: Here is one recipe that is down right addicting. Sure I already like kale but when I ate these babies out of the oven I ate the entire pan of light crunchy goodness!
13. Roasted Broccoli: Another one of my favorites. I also couldn’t stop eating this one. It didn’teven taste like broccoli, I was so surprised!
14. Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies: I’m guessing these would have been delicious but we thought the dough looked to sticky so we added more flour which made them not taste as good.. might have to try this one again sometime.
15. Summer Squash: I love zucchini and squash already but this recipe made them delicious! And its super healthy.
16. BBQ Chicken Pizza: Also again delicious! I love pizza with my whole heart and this one was good.. I’d maybe add a bit more bbq sauce and cheese just so that it wasn’t so doughy!
17. Coffee Cup Cookie: I was addicted to these for a few weeks until I ran out of chocolate chips! Not exactly like a normal cookie but still great to satisfy a sweet tooth.