Here’s the scoop:
It is crazy how fast this summer is going by.. like depressingly crazy.
Books I read:
18. The Kill Order – James Dashner: This book is the prequel to the Maze Runner Series. It was great but didn’t quite answer all the questions I had about the creation of the maze and the flare that caused all this ciaos.
19. Sharp Objects- Gillian Flynn: I loved Gone Girl and I also loved this book. It was twisty, disturbing, and kept me guessing. Highly recommended.
20. Judgement in Death – JD Robb
21. Dark Places – Gillian Flynn: After I read Sharp Objects I just had to read Dark Places and I liked this book even more than Sharp Objects. The entire book I kept switching who I thought murdered her family and by the time the book ended I was totally shocked.. in a good way!
22. Betrayal in Death- JD Robb
23. City of Heavenly Fire- Cassandra Clare: Ever since I started the series back over Christmas and New Years I have been waiting for this final book to come out. Don’t get me wrong the book was good and it ended well but she really should have ended them back after book three like she intended… money hogs.
24. Seduction in Death- JD Robb
25. Reunion in Death- JD Robb
26. The Giver- Lois Lowry: I don’t know how I didn’t end up reading this book back in middle school like everyone else. I loved the book.. until the end.. not quite sure what happens. The movie comes out soon so maybe it will have some answers.
Recipes I tried:
18. Sugar Cookie Bars: These were great. Very sugary. I only used half the frosting because I didn’t want it so thick since it was pure sugar.
19. Chicken Salsa Casserole: Great for plan ahead meals. Easy to make and tasted great!
20. Cilantro Lime Cauliflower: Was a great, healthy side dish, I eliminated a lot of the cheese to cut down on the calories and fat content.
21. Roasted Chick Peas: A great snack.. but make sure you eat them all when they come out of the oven because they will become soggy the next day.
22. Avocado Hummus Dip: Great with pretzel chips but also eat within a day because the avocado turns brown and unappetizing. Sorry for some reason the link has DISAPPEARED!
23. Zucchini Boats: Great recipe. Don’t need to boil the zucchini first, it was a waste of time.
24. Strawberry Peach Tart: Complete disaster. I didn’t line the pan with parament paper and maybe that was my mistake but the fruit juices went every where and burned on the pan and smoked and it was gross. Overall the tart was boring but I ate some of it anyway.
25. Pesto Grilled Cheese: I don’t know why I haven’t thought of doing this sooner. It was delicious. I’m going to have to try out more grilled cheese recipes in the near future.
26. Better than Sex Cake: I think the name pretty much accurately sums up how good this cake tasted minus the sensitivity in my teeth from all of the sugar!!