Well, I’ve got some good news and some bad news. Let’s here the good news first.. I’ve been working out guys and eating healthy (double YES) and I had a great end to summer (as depressing as it is to admit that Fall is coming soon which means Winter is also coming). The bad news… I’ve fallen behind on my “one recipe a week” resolution. Yep, I lost that one at the beginning of August.
But here’s what I have so far and I’m hoping to catch up this month:
July/ August Recipes:
27. Funfetti Donuts: These were pretty good and I’m not even a big donut fan. I baked them in my donut ball maker but make sure you let them cool completely otherwise the frosting will melt when you dip them, like mine did!
28. Stir Fry Cauliflower: Tasty and I even used the purple cauliflower that I found so it looked as interesting as it tasted.
29. Kale, Pepper, & Red Onion Pizza: I love love love homemade pizzas. This one was delicious.
30. Various Juicing Recipes: Since I purchased my juicer and started on my juice fast I tried a variety of recipes that I got from Joe Cross’s website. I think the “peach delight” was my favorite.
31. Parmesan Zucchini & Corn: Great twist to an otherwise boring vegetable.
Books in July/August:
27. If I Stay: Gayle Forman- I loved this book and I really want to see the movie soon. Make sure you bring your tissues.
28. Purity in Death: JD Robb – Yes I’m still reading this 25+ book series by Nora Roberts. Same characters, slightly different plot, worth the read.
29. Portrait in Death: JD Robb
30. Paper Towns: John Green: John Green does it again. I love his books and this one was good. I’d recommend it to anyone.
31. Imitation in Death: JD Robb
32. Divided in Death: JD Robb
33. Looking for Alaska: John Green- I liked this book of his even more. John Green’s books make me question life and my part in it and I like that.
34. Rush: Maya Banks – I needed something a little different and this one did it. It reminded me of a 50 shades type and yes, it was VERY good.
35. Visions in Death- JD Robb
Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! If you have any great “healthyish” recipes for me to try, please share!