I know.. I missed my Sept./Oct. post and now that it is already the new year. Surprisingly, my resolutions went very well… I WAS nicer to men at the bars, I tried 52 new recipes, and read 52 books. I’d say all in all it was a pretty good year.
This year was really a focus on me. I had some things I needed to tend to…and some that are still working out… but I’ve learned a lot this year about myself and the person that I want to be. I honestly don’t think that you should ever stop learning about yourself.
I’ve decided to not make any new years resolutions this year. I feel more free not having any obligations to live up to every week. I’m going to try and be more open with people, be a better listener, take better care of my body, and maybe try to diversify my wardrobe a bit. I’d like to think that I’m ready for a large transition in my life.. I’m just not quite sure what that is yet.
Below is the highlights of my 2014 new years resolutions:
The five books you should definitely read:
1. Me Before You – It is a great story about love and complicated decisions. I was a little weary about reading it in the first place since it is about a troubled handicap man but after reading it I would choose it over and over again.
2. Dark Places – Gillian Flynn does it again. This book is thrilling and keeps you turning page after page until the story is finished. You won’t be disappointed and its coming out as a movie this year. I can’t wait!
3. Looking for Alaska – I’ve always loved books by John Green but this one is my favorite. It will also be coming out as a movie soon!
4. The Husbands Secret – A great story about all the little things that end up changing our world in so many ways that aren’t even imaginable.
5. The First Phone Call From Heaven – A tear jerker through and through and a great book if you are looking for a touch of hope.
The 5 recipes you definitely need to try:
1. BBQ Chicken Pizza – I think everyone needs to have a go-to semi-homemade pizza recipe. Once you know how to make one pizza you can create as many concoctions as your heart desires.
2. Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites – These were pretty easy to make and a great savory sweet snack.
3. Oven Chicken Fajitas – Besides being super cheap and easy to make they taste great and can be used as leftovers all week!
4. Buffalo Chicken Dip – This dip was a hit at our family Christmas and its so good you could just eat it anytime… minus the fact that it is super unhealthy for you.
5. Greek Mac & Cheese – It’s a healthier version of everyday mac and cheese with greek yogurt and spinach. I can’t wait to make it again.
There you go folks.. after a year of resolutions I came out with some tasty recipes and great adventures from my favorite books. Here’s to 2015 and all it has to offer.